In light of the fact that all I can think about at the moment, is how emotionally unstable I am going to be when Luca starts play-group (yes, only half-day and only three days a week … I know, I know) next Monday and therefore am completely unable to come up with anything interesting to blog about, I decided to “cheat” with a meme.
I googled “blog memes” and chose the first one I found, being Thursday 13. Copied straight from their site, Thursday 13 is ” a weekly meme with a simple theme: each Thursday you blog a list of 13 things. What kind of things? Any kind! Just come up with a list theme and run with it. One week you may list “13 things on my mind” and maybe the next week you’d list “my top 13 favorite movies”. Back in early 2007, Janet came up with the idea of going through the alphabet; “13 Things I Love that begin with the letter A”, etc. That gives you 26 weeks of ideas! Each new 13 will be posted at approximately 8PM EST every Wednesday evening.”
I promise not to bore you with weekly Thursday 13’s, but just for today … here’s mine:
13 Random Things
1. I love work. Yes, I know it must be irritating to hear me harp on about it, but I’m really loving my job. I feel like I contribute to the economy … that I make a difference. Plus I’m working with stuff on the internet, which I LOVE! Okay, I’ll stop now.
2. I am addicted to Pictureka on my iPhone 4. It’s a silly little game that Ellen Degeneres gets contestants to play on her talk show and there’s a iPhone version, where you have to find different objects amongst a bunch of others. Bad explanation, I know … you’ll need to check it out yourself. I literally play it EVERY day.
3. Stacey and Princess Ellie arrive in
4 fourteen sleeps! I cannot wait to see my bestest China EVER and her gorgeous little girl!
4. My sister (who has lost almost 17kg in 3 months and looks absolutely INCREDIBLE!) arrives on the 14th of April (I’m just too excited to be able to count how many sleeps that is!) and is staying with us for just under 3 weeks. I honestly don’t know how I am going to remain patient until then!
5. While my gorgeous sister is here, we will be heading down to St Francis Bay for Ilona & James’ vintage nautical wedding! I am honoured to be a bridesmaid on Ilona’s super-special day and I am so looking forward to watching my beautiful friend walk down the aisle and become Mrs Ilona Plews-Wylie 🙂
6. I recently started running (on the treadmill people, I’m not going to attempt anything drastic just yet) and am managing up to 4.6km in 30 minutes. My goal, for the end of this month, is to be able to complete a 5km run in 30 minutes, without feeling like I am about to have a heart attack. I’ll let you know if and when I get there.
7. I am DYING to see Blue Valentine, with Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams. I don’t know why, but I am drawn to films that don’t have your typical Hollywood ending, and all the reviews point this film in that exact genre. Films like this, like Everybody’s Fine … they stay with me, know what I mean?
8. I literally crave sushi, almost every minute of the day. Is there something wrong with me? We’re going to CTFM tomorrow night, so thankfully my craving will soon be fulfilled. Just call me the SUSHI MONSTER! *om nom nom*
9. I have an inexplicable fear of open cupboard doors at night. FREAK! I literally cannot sleep if there is a cupboard door even slightly open. Okay, moving swiftly on …
10. I am not sure when I’m meant to take the Christmas tree down. Twelve days after Christmas? Help please?
11. I am in the process of getting these new glasses. I say “in the process” because apparently I’ve exceeded my optical benefit (it’s the 6th of freakin’ January?!) and I need special permission to pay the balance out of my MSA. MY MSA! Surely I can do what I want with my medical savings? I just DON’T understand, even though Dawn’s tried to explain it to me in blonde. Oy.
12. I really, really wish that my family wasn’t all spread so far across the world. New Zealand, Manchester, Canada, Australia, Switzerland and beyond. It’s just unbearable sometimes.
13. I LOVE these two boys with all of my heart …