Seriously … I am so busy right now, I hardly remember who I am. But I have been reading Tanya, Exmi and Angie’s blog posts this week (amongst many others) and am experiencing bloggers-guilt for not having posted in some time. As if maternal-guilt wasn’t enough …
Let’s see … I last posted on the 11th of February … what’s happened in my chaotic life since then?
1. Well, I’ve been spending as much time as possible with my china, Stacey and her baby girl, Ellie. Stace and Ellie did a photoshoot with Cilla Bloom Photography a week or so ago and the pictures come out BEAUTIFULLY! Here’s one for your viewing pleasure – for the rest, check out Cilla Bloom’s blog!
2. I’ve been at lectures for three hours a night, twice a week. I am writing 3 exams at the end of May (Business Management. Statistical Analysis (AAAAAAAH!) and Mareketing Communications. Now, I can understand why BusMan and MarComm are relevant for a Marketer. But Stats? Seriously? I sit in my lectures on a Tuesday night, listening to the heavily-accented Scottish lecturer waffling on about Poisson, hypothesis tests, random variables, mean, mode and median … and I just want to cry. CRY.
3. We’ve been VERY busy at work, with our boss going off to have her baby boy, Luke (who was born on 23 Feb!) and also being one team-member short. Dear New-Girl-Who-Starts-on-1-April: I’m really sorry, but I’m already emailing you stuff. You’re going to have to hit the ground running 🙂
4. We went to Luca’s buddy, Aiden’s first birthday, out in Broadacres. I say “out in” like it’s on the other side of the world. Well, it kinda is for us Parkhurstians. Anwyay, we braved the Fourways traffic (which was a NIGHTMARE because of some big cycle race) and arrived, on time, for Aidy’s special day. There was much bike-riding, trampoline-jumping and junk-eating involved.
We then went to a braai at friends, where I proceeded to drink and smoke like there was no tomorrow.
*Sorry little baby who was already developing in my tummy, unbeknownt to your irresponsible mama!*
5. Sunday was spent with family in the deep South (Glen Vista) and the “extended” Portuguese/Afrikaans arm of the bunch. We ate ourselves stupid on chourico, prawns, oxtail and more … exhibit A displays the common phrase “Magie vol, ogies toe” (or however you say/spell it):
At one stage, the conversation turned to babies and a guest asked if I was expecting, to which I hastily responded, “NO!” Not that I don’t WANT to, but I just didn’t think that I was. Yes.
*Again, sorry little lentil-sized-human in my belly*
6. Stacey forced me into POAS (peeing on a stick, for those not in the know) and … what do you know.
So yes, life is somewhat manic at the moment. But I’m loving it! How’s life been treating YOU?