Wow … wow … wow!
I think I speak for almost every person who attended last night’s #JoziBloggerMeetup when I say that the response was totally overwhelming. It was incredible to see so many amazing people in the same place, connecting, laughing and enjoying each other’s company IN REAL LIFE!
I was SO anxious when I arrived at Wolves. I’d had a bit of a crazy afternoon at work and hadn’t gotten there as early as I’d liked (i.e. I got there 5 minutes before 6pm!), hence Tash and I frantically scrawling the draw numbers on the stickers and me looking pretty flustered and confused for the first hour or so of the evening. It may surprise you to know that Natasha (my co-organiser and of Raising Men fame) and I had only JUST met for the first time last night! Seriously! In fact, this whole shindig was spawned by our desire to “make friends” after reading each other’s blogs, and to possibly get our boys together for a play-date. Yip … it grew from a one-on-one coffee date at Wolves, to an “event” attended by over 50 people! INSANITY!
Here we are (thanks for the pic(s) in this post Emma) – it looks like I am falling asleep on Tash’s head! That’s what being 6 months pregnant will do to you! Zzzzzz ….
All the prizes were awarded after everyone had settled down with a nice glass of Laborie wine and a Red Velvet cupcake or two, with @MissSeed (aka Sidhika Sooklal) winning (IMHO) the BEST prize, which was the night’s stay for 2, including breakfast, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosebank! DAAAAYYYM I wanted that baby BAD! I’ve also wanted to say “DAAAAYYYM” for ages, so glad I got that out of the way! Enjoy your stay at the swanky hotel @MissSeed, and I look forward to hearing all about it soon!!!
Because my brain is no longer in working condition (a condition commonly known as Porridge Brain – ask @Cybelle aka Timor Brodie who is a nurse and will confirm this terrible disease), I didn’t think to write down the names of all of the people who won the prizes. Doh! You’d think that with all the baby showers I’ve been to, I’d know better! KEEP A LIST NICKI! Anyway … bygones. I’ve emailed everyone who gave us their details, to ask that you let me know what you won, so that we know what went where. A couple of you (hello fellow insomniacs/night-owls) have already responded – THANK YOU! You can also just comment here and let me know what goody you scored tonight – just so we know! THANKS!
Next up is the list of blog URLs of all the people who were there tonight, as promised. If you see a spelling error or notice that someone’s URL is missing, please leave a comment and I will fix/add ASAP! It’s a LONG list of AWESOME blogs and I don’t know about you but I can’t wait to pop all of these babies in my Google Reader and get to finding out more about my fellow Jozi bloggers!!!
In no particular order (because I have no idea which page was first):
- Tanya – tan32.wordpress.com
- Roz – jellybeanjourney.wordpress.com (email Roz at firstname.lastname@example.org for access as her’s is a private blog)
- Timor – lovecybelle.wordpress.com
- Gina – gnatj.com
- Stacey Vee – lionheartinourbathtub.blogspot.com
- Nicci – fromnearthemoon.wordpress.com
- Serena – medstudentbarbie.blogspot.com
- Hayley – hayleymal.blogspot.com
- Vanessa – randomramblingsofacrazedwomen.blogspot.com/
- Kate – justagirlwholikeswords.com
- Carlette – nunuza.blogspot.com
- Sarah – sarah-theangelheadedhipster.blogspot.com
- Sid – seedsthoughts.blogspot.com
- David – thetechduel.wordpress.com
- Tanya – tanyakovarsky.wordpress.com
- Tunet – quirkykindacool.wordpress.com
- Lexie – truthfulobservations.tumblr.com
- Tiffany – tothumperwithlove.blogspot.com
- Paul – pawlclark.blogspot.com/
- Emma – emmajanenation.com
- Jo – buttoncandy.org
- Michelle – smokethissxx.blogspot.com
- Alma – email@example.com
- Roxy – citygirlsearching.blogspot.com
- Lou – thetrialsofmisslola.tumblr.com (computer says no???)
- Mariella – italiankisses.blogspot.com
- Araffa – mynameisfarra.tumblr.com
- Natalie – cleomagazine.co.za
- Greg – berylontoast.blogspot.com
- Gareth – garethpon.tumblr.com
- Tamiya – tamiyat.co.za
- Kirsty – kirstyroxannewilde.blogspot.com
- Faye – whattodowithdaylight.blogspot.com
- Amy – littlemissconceptions.tumblr.com
- MeeA – mamameea.blogspot.com
- Camilla – heysweetieblog.blogspot.com
- Yusuf – untitledawearness.com (under construction)
- Megan – waitingformeg.blogspot.com (Second Floor Living)
- Jeanette – therealjenty.com and jeanetteverster.com
- Fiona – rememberwhenwewereyoung.wordpress.com
- Stacey – storyscarves.org/blog
- Sindi-Leigh – just-let-em-eat-cake.tumblr.com
- Ricardo – (waiting for URL)
- Tamaryn – exmi.co.za
- Indianna – nicefind.blogspot.com
- Ivana – ivanalilly.blogspot.com
- Gwen – untravelledsoles.blogspot.com
- Angie – superduper.co.za/lucky
- Natasha – littleandbunny.blogspot.com
- Nicki – waitingforluca.wordpress.com