- The new Protea Court in Sandton City is pretty impressive. Dave says it looks a lot like the malls in Vegas. I was there (Sandton, not Vegas!) for the new Naartjie store opening earlier this month, but I was so sick and feverish that I really didn’t take much notice of anything around me, so I was totally blown away by it this afternoon. I have a feeling that many a salary will be blown there! *cuts up last remaining credit card*
- Zara has beautiful clothes…but I don’t feel “cool” enough to buy or wear many of the pieces other than the “basics” range. Know what I mean? Like all the young, trendy (do people still use that word?) gals look great in everything…but I’d probably look like I was just trying to be cool. Which is NOT cool. Anyway, Dave bought me these two gorgeous tops from the Zara Basics and Trafaluc ranges, as well as this GORGEOUS maxi-dress. I do LOVE maxi-dresses – they make me think of beach holidays!
- Speaking of beach holidays, it’s just over 3 weeks till we head off to Port Alfred for THREE GLORIOUS WEEKS! It’s our first holiday as a family of four! I’ve learnt that as much as I dislike the idea of heading to wherever the rest of Joburg’s gone on holiday, we need a holiday more. And now that we have our own little family, it’s important that we make the most of the long December break. These are some pics of the house we’ll be staying in … can you say OH EM GEE?!?!
- Back to Sandton City … I was in Cotton On, which is really great – pretty dresses and tops, rack-upon-rack of sandals and wedges, all at affordable prices. Great shop, great clothes … but the music was SO damn loud that I literally couldn’t think straight! I wanted to browse and possibly buy a couple of tops, but felt almost stressed out by how hectic and loud everything was! Is there a reason why shops do this? Or am I just getting old?
- I started running last Monday. Well, running/jogging/walking. I (power)walk the hectic uphills and jog/run the flats and downhills. Tanya‘s great advice to me was to start slow: run to a lamp post, walk to the next etc. So far it’s going really well and I’m actually enjoying it! I’m using Runkeeper to track my progress and I’ve got to say that it’s a fantastic app. It gives me updates every 5 minutes of my run, letting me know how far I’ve gone and what my km per minute rate is, which is fantastic motivation!
- While I’m on the topic of running, it should be noted that you should NEVER forget to put socks on before putting your running shoes on. I did that today, and now have HORRENDOUS blisters on my toes. Not cool. *I’ll spare you the torture of a picture here … you can just use your imagination!
Aaaand that’s about it for now. It feels good to be back in the land of blog! Thanks for all of your comments on my post yesterday – I could really feel the love!