In the spirit of highlighting the highs and lows of 2011, here are (just some of) the moments that stood out for me in this past year:
– being super proud of Dave for starting off a VERY successful business venture in January with his American partner, Andy
– having one of my best friends by my side when I found out I was pregnant for the second time in March
– being part of the beautiful bridal party at another of my best friend’s weddings over the Easter weekend
– having my sister visit us and join me on the weekend away to St Francis for the aforementioned wedding
– celebrating Luca’s 2nd birthday in May
– making AMAZEBALLS and REAL new friends through Twitter and blogging
– watching Luca form solid friendships too 🙂
– arranging a VERY successful bloggers get together in July and meeting even more awesome people because of it
– really focusing on low-maintenance relationships with people who care about me and have a lot in common with me, and letting go of those who don’t
– working on a website, Twitter and Facebook as MY JOB!
– for the first time, in a long time, loving my job and the people I work with
– getting a distinction for a subject I honestly believed I would fail dismally
– meeting our gorgeous second baby boy, Mika Alex, in October
– spending the last 3 weeks with great friends and my perfect little family, in picturesque Port Alfred
– getting an email from my sister, confirming her and Sam’s visit in January 2012
All in all it’s been one of the best years in a long time. The one thing I want more than anything for 2012 is a new home for my family…will get house hunting as soon as I’m home!
Happy new year to you all!